CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Programme
According to an agreement between the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) for the advancement of science in developing countries, up to 200 students/scholars from all over the world will be sponsored to study in China for doctoral degrees for up to 4 years.
This CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Programme provides students/scholars that are non-Chinese citizens an opportunity to pursue doctoral degrees at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) or Institutes of CAS around China.
• Waived tuition.
• Visa application fee
• Travel from home countries to China (one trip per person).
• Monthly living allowance: RMB 7,000 - 8,000Yuan
• Be maximum age of 35 years;
• Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship;
• Not hold Chinese citizenship;
• Meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC
• Hold a master degree before enrolling the programme
• Provide evidence that he/she will return to their home country on completion of their studies in China according to CAS-TWAS agreement.
• Provide proof of knowledge of English or Chinese language.
• Admission Application Form for International Students
• Supervisor’s comment page
• Two reference letters
• Notarized photocopy of the certificate of degrees(both undergraduate and postgraduate) or an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date;
• Notarized photocopy of transcripts of both undergraduate and post-graduate education;
• Proof of knowledge of English and/or Chinese;
• CV with a brief introduction of research experience;
• Detailed research proposal;
• Photocopy of your passport which has at least 2 years validity (only pages showing personal and validity details);
• Photocopies of all the title pages and abstracts of maximum Five published academic papers;
• Foreigner Physical Examination Form
For more information and application details, please click here.
Ms. Lin Tian (Linda Tian)
CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Programme USTC Office (USTC)
University of Science and Technology of China
96 Jinzhai Road, Hefei, Anhui, 230026 China
Tel: +86 55163600279
Fax: +86 551 63632579