CAS “The Belt and Road” Master Fellowship Programme
“The Belt and Road” Master Fellowship Programme is launched in connection with the International Outreach Initiative of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). It provides opportunities for the students/scholars from the countries along the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road (the Belt and Road) to pursue Master degrees at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) up to 3 years (up to 30 young scientific talents annually).
Courses and Programmes
• Tuition fee exemption by USTC;
• Monthly stipend to cover accommodation, local transportation expenses, health insurance, and other basic living expenses (Reference: RMB 4000 per month).
The funding duration of the fellowship is up to 3 years (36 months), divided into:
• Maximum 1 year study of courses and participation in centralized training at USTC, including 4 months compulsory courses in Chinese Language and Chinese Culture;
• Practical research and completion of degree dissertations at colleges and schools of USTC.
General conditions for applicants
1. Citizens from the Belt and Road countries other than China;
2. Be maximum age of 30
3. Hold a baccalaureate degree or equivalent educational degree;
4. Get approval for application from a host supervisor in CAS and the institute/school that the supervisor is affiliated with;
5. English or Chinese language proficiency. Applicants whose native language is not English should provide unexpired TOEFL or IELTS scores. TOEFL scores should be 90 or higher, and IELTS scores should be 6.5 or higher. Applicants are not required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score only if their:
a) Native language is English, or
b) Major undergraduate courses are conducted in English/Chinese, which should be stated in transcripts, or
c) HSK test has passed level 3 or level 4
6. Have not accepted any other sponsorship at the time of application and should not accept any other sponsorship during the funding period of this fellowship.
a) Application form Application Form for CAS The Belt and Road Master Fellowship
b) Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport with validity of at least 1 year)
c) A study or research proposal (no less than 800 words)
e) Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (with phone number and email address)
f) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form
g) Chinese or English language certificate (the photocopy of valid HSK, IELTS or TOFEL result or other proof of their English proficiency
h) Photocopy of degree certificate and academic transcript for both Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree (if have) notarized by Ministry of Education or equivalent authority in your country
• If applicants are university students, they must provide official documents showing their status as university students and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
• If applicants already graduated but have not yet obtained the degree certificate, they must provide official documents explaining the reasons and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
• If applicants are already employed, they must provide official documents showing their status as on-post employees and permission of release.
※ Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
※ Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the application result.
※ Please make sure you send out the complete set of all the required documents and specify on the envelop "Application for CAS The Belt and Road Master Fellowship".
For more information and application details, please click here.
International Students Office,
Office of International Cooperation，Old Library, 229
University of Science and Technology of China
96 Jinzhai Road, Hefei, Anhui, 230026 China
Coordinator: Ms. Lin Tian (Linda Tian)
Tel/FAX: +86 551 63600279，+86 551 63632579